There is a lot of debate and fear around whether or not customers would be scared off by visible security pedestals on shop entrance and exit areas.
For most shoppers, this is not even a concern. They are either indifferent or in favor of it because it makes them feel safer. Only some feel discomfort or embarrassment when, for example, the alarm goes if someone walks through.
Whatever the case might be, there is one way other than using concealed systems, to make everyone happy: advertising panels.
Advertising panels are thin, but sturdy plastic covers that clip into your electronic article surveillance (EAS) system. It is important to be sure you are using panels made for your EAS system; otherwise you might block the sensors or visitor counting!
These panels can be utilized in a variety of ways:
- Promote Your Own In-Store Marketing Campaigns: Of course, the most obvious is to support your internal marketing campaigns. If you are a large retailer, that is currently running a back to school sale, make sure you tell your customers about it!
- Generate Extra Revenue by Running External Promotions: You can even generate some additional revenue by letting vendors whose products you sell in your store advertise on the advertising panels. They will love the exposure in your high traffic exit and entrance areas!
- Attract passerby Into Your Stores: Speaking of high-traffic areas: Advertising panels carrying enticing promotions will attract passing shoppers to enter your store and have a look around! This is an excellent way to get new visitors into your store or shoppers who did not intend to come by today.
- Change in Ad Panel Makes Your EAS System Seem Newer Too: As much as an advertising panel makes passersby come into your store, it also gets the attention of potential shoplifters. The seemingly new pedestals become a visible deterrent and have a possible effect on your decrease of shrinkage.
- Protecting Your Equipment: Of course, every retailer is concerned about the safety of its shoppers and employees. Advertising panels will help you prevent your littlest shoppers from climbing on the gates and potentially hurting themselves.
- Advertising at the Point of Sale: Among the latest innovations in Electronic Article Surveillance, positioning your EAS system right at the point of sale helps to significantly reduce theft in grocery retail. This enables you to display promotional content at the checkout.
3 Key-elements for successful loss prevention in Grocery Retail
Key factors to consider when determining your loss prevention strategy are how well your security tags and labels can we deactivated and detected by your EAS system. The third factor is to determine how your store staff respond to alarms.
If any of these elements are not performing well, the effectiveness of an EAS alarm system is significantly lowered, as there is a high risk that there may be no alarms or false alarms. Our latest EAS technology innovation solves this problem. The Checkout Assisted Shrinkage Antenna is specifically designed for grocery retailers and offers a customer-friendly way to significantly reduce theft by positioning the EAS technology right at the point of sale.
Want to learn more?